How about some more Use Your Stash ideas? A few months ago I finally broke down and picked up a Cuttlebug. I’m not sure what took me so long! The Cuttlebug is definitely worth it. It’s not just another tool that will clutter up my space.
I’ve used it for something just about every time I’ve scrapbooked in the last month. This tool will be an essential for me going forward. I love that it embosses and cuts all types of dies. I’ve wanted a tool that will cut with steel rule dies, so I can cut through felt. This one will.
The impressions (or embossing) I’m getting with all of my various embossing folders are crisp and sharp. I’ve been looking all over my scrapbook room for unique things to emboss! Check out these ideas:
1. Unusual material – I’ve wanted to emboss foil ever since I picked up this Diamond Plate embossing folder. And it turned out better than I could have hoped! I don’t know how long it will hold up, but it sure looks cool! It’s the perfect accent for these photos of my nephew Kyle, who was hamming up for the camera.
2. Using Core’dinations cardstock with an embossing folder – I like the effect you get with this cardstock. Here, I used the Tim Holtz Collage Texture Fade. It’s not something I would want across the whole layout, but it would be a great thing to layer into to the background or use on a card. If you have some of this cardstock and haven’t been using it, give it a try with your embossing folders. Sand down the top layer a bit to reveal the color underneath.
3. Journaling cards – give your journaling cards new life and added dimension by embossing them. I love the texture Birds and Swirls gave to this journaling note. A word of caution though – make sure you write on them before you put them in the embossing folder.
4. Distress the edge – I adore this technique. I can’t wait to try this myself. I love how Susan added embossing to just the edges of the white cardstock on this layout. It’s subtle, but catches your eye at the same time.
5. Making die cuts – make your die cuts even more special with embossing. I love all the different textures and designs that Anna-Karin Evaldsson used on this layout I found at 2Peas and featured at How Much is Too Much blog.
What’s your favorite embossing folder, texture fade, embossing plate, etc…? Get them out this weekend and put some texture on your next page!