I thought I would try to get back to sharing a weekend post with some of the random stuff I came across during the week! Some weeks there might be a common thread, some weeks not. This week it’s all about getting into the mood for fall!
1. Soup. I’m not a big veggie eater, but when veggies go into broth with chicken I they are magically more yummy! And speaking of soup, I can’t wait to try this one:
2. Warm socks. OK, so all my fall and warm clothes are packed. I was supposed to be in Florida by now. That was the plan. Only the house hasn’t sold yet and I just started a new (temporary) job. In the near future I’ll be unpacking some boxes. I need my socks, my boots and my warm PJ’s. Sigh. And while I’ve never had boot liners, these look too fun to resist!
3. On those cold fall and winter days, I love to wrap up in a comforter while watching movies. I keep one just like this in the living room from October to March. And yes, it will have to be unpacked too.
4. Hot Tea. I’m a coffee drinker, but only one cup in the morning. For the rest of the day, if I need something warm I turn to tea. In addition to a wonderful flavor, this one may even have some health benefits.
5. Apples. Well, I eat them all year long, but there’s something about fresh, crisp apples in the fall. I love to make apple crisp too but this recipe amps it up a bit. Can’t wait to try it!