It’s the end of another month and luckily I had time over the weekend to whip up a few tags. I’m sure I have said this before, but seriously, this is one of my most favorite projects ever. To see all of these pretty tags lined up in the box is really inspiring. I flip through them quite a bit when I am planning my pages.
(What are my Tags of Inspiration? I am simply making these tags as a trigger. They remind me of my tools, different embellishments, color palettes, border treatments, techniques to add to a page, etc… They are not exactly meant to be works of art — some are much prettier than others — they simply provide me with inspiration if needed, when I’m working on a project.)
My latest tags:
- Create a fun background by lightly misting over a mask
- Mix a little mist color into white paint to create a custom paint color
- Blue + yellow = a happy combination
- Get those old metal accents out of the drawer and onto a project
- Text pattern paper is an interesting background
- Clear emboss an image over a text background and then distress the paper with inks
- Add a ribbon bow for a pop of color
- Use vellum over bright papers to mute the color
- Repeat shapes and stack them on top of each other
- Decorative brads are not just for special projects
- Layer, layer, layer
- Add in round shapes to soften the hard edges
- Use distress inks and stains to get an instant aged look
Thanks for joining me for another installment of my tags. Every month I look forward to making more tags, so I guess I will just keep on going until I run out of ideas. Is that even possible??? I hope not!
Thanks for stopping by today!