Ah, just in time before the end of the month, I focused my creative energy over this past weekend on a few inspiration tags. As my mojo abandoned me sometime before my surgery, tags are the perfect way be creative without a lot of pressure.
(What are my Tags of Inspiration? I am simply making these tags as a trigger. They remind me of my tools, different embellishments, color palettes, border treatments, techniques to add to a page, etc… They are not exactly meant to be works of art — some are much prettier than others — they simply provide me with inspiration if needed, when I’m working on a project.)
- Cover die cuts with glitter for a little sparkle
- Distress inks + water = fun effects
- Use paint around the edges instead of ink
- Ink over a stamped/embossed background
- Use a unique embellishment in an unexpected way
- Frames are a fun way to ground embellishments
- Pinks + greys with a touch of black
- Use metallic embossing powder on vellum for something different
- Cut embossed cardstock into shapes
- Don’t be shy about using a variety of colors
- Back vellum sentiments with lighter cardstock for impact
- Use scraps leftover from another project right away
As always, it’s so much fun to put these tags together and to just play!
I have lots of scrappy plans for the upcoming holiday weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed that this warm up helps keep the mojo flowing the rest of this week.
Thanks for stopping by today!