Welcome to December! Um…..is anyone else freaking out?
How did it get to be the last month of the year? And I’m not even talking about the holidays exactly. Time is flying by right now and I have to constantly remind myself to stop and savor and snap some photos along the way.
So. This post is a little bit late. I took an unexpected break last week. Everyone at work is sick. Thus far, I have been lucky not to have come down with a full blown cold, but I did need some extra rest to fight it off. After a nice long weekend full of crafting and catching up, I am back to share another round of inspiration tags.
(What are my Tags of Inspiration? Here’s my original post if you missed it and want the full details. I am simply making these tags as a trigger. They remind me of my tools, different embellishments, color palettes, border treatments, techniques to add to a page, etc… They are not exactly meant to be works of art in themselves — some are much prettier than others — they simply provide me with inspiration.)
- Mix heat embossing with inked images for a mix of texture
- Loving the Navy, pink and kraft combo
- The Hero Arts Navy Blue Mid Tone Shadow ink looks fantastic on Kraft
- Add some lace here and there
- Dripping gelatos is a super fun technique
- Add a twine bow
- Use a sunny, warm color palette
- When you can’t find the perfect premade words, stamp your own
- Use Distress Stains to customize a background into the perfect color
- Dried Marigold + Hot Pink + Aqua = a gorgeous color palette
- Rosettes are a fun embellishment and a great way to use scraps of favorite pattern papers
- Stack pre-made die cuts together
- Take color cues from pattern papers or die cuts
- Staple ribbons to the side for a unique border treatment
- Wood veneer is always a perfect finishing touch
Thanks for stopping by today!