Ah, just in time before the end of the month, I focused my creative energy over this past weekend on a few inspiration tags. As my mojo abandoned me sometime before my surgery, tags are the perfect way be creative without a lot of pressure.
(What are my Tags of Inspiration? Here’s my original post if you missed it and want the full details. I am simply making these tags as a trigger. They remind me of my tools, different embellishments, color palettes, border treatments, techniques to add to a page, etc… They are not exactly meant to be works of art — some are much prettier than others — they simply provide me with inspiration if needed, when I’m working on a project.)
- Cover die cuts with glitter for a little sparkle
- Distress inks + water = fun effects
- Use paint around the edges instead of ink
- Ink over a stamped/embossed background
- Use a unique embellishment in an unexpected way
- Frames are a fun way to ground embellishments
- Pinks + greys with a touch of black
- Use metallic embossing powder on vellum for something different
- Cut embossed cardstock into shapes
- Don’t be shy about using a variety of colors
- Back vellum sentiments with lighter cardstock for impact
- Use scraps leftover from another project right away
As always, it’s so much fun to put these tags together and to just play!
I am really looking forward to this short week. Our Independence Day holiday is this week and I have a 4-day weekend coming up. I have lots of scrappy plans. Keeping my fingers crossed that this warm up helps keep the mojo flowing the rest of this week.
Thanks for stopping by today!