Today, I have a little catch up post. I missed a post in January. The month went by in such a rush that I don’t even know which day it was, but that means I’m a bit late posting January’s tags. I am still going strong with these little creations. I look forward to playing every month to see what I can come up with. And the box is finally filling in.
(What are my Tags of Inspiration? Here’s my original post if you missed it and want the full details. I am simply making these tags as a trigger. They remind me of my tools, different embellishments, color palettes, border treatments, techniques to add to a page, etc… They are not exactly meant to be works of art in themselves — some are much prettier than others — they simply provide me with inspiration.)
- Reverse mask technique (versamark ink over the mask, heat emboss with clear powder and then ink over the top)
- Grab Distress Inks at random and be surprised by the combination
- Add a bit of navy
- Add a pocket to hold something
- Punch a negative shape into the background
- Colors really pop against black backgrounds
- Add dimensional embellishments to contrast against the negative shapes
- Cute jars can hold any variety of little items
- When you want a crisp background image, heat emboss in black
- Use sticker words to reinforce a theme or feeling
- Use vellum to mute a bright pattern paper
- Add ribbon to paper clips for a cute embellishment
- Make your own gold accented vellum with a mask and some paint
Look for another tag inspiration installment later this month! As I was finishing up these tags, several more ideas came to mind. I just can’t stop. They really do serve an important inspiration points for me but I wouldn’t keep doing it if they weren’t so much fun to make too.
Thanks for stopping by today!