Have you ever scrapbooked the origins or your name or how your name was chosen? That’s the prompt and inspiration for my latest scrapbook layout.
The design of my layout was instantly inspired by a layout my friend Becky shared on her blog last Friday. I loved her row of punched embellishments and it was the perfect starting point for me.
Challenge Lessons Learned:
- When I start off with strong inspiration, my layouts come together much quicker. No troubles with this one.
- Glimmer mist travels much farther than you think it does. I liberally sprayed my yellow punches sitting on top of my Ranger craft mat. But I still got Marshmallow glimmer on my magnetic mat and my table and my journaling block and the die cut. I should have sprayed in a box like I usually do.
- Lysol sanitizing wipes are great for cleaning up glimmer mist!
- I don’t use my handwriting often and I’m rusty. I’m not exactly happy with it, but I think handwriting is important on a layout like this. When I do hand write my journaling, I usually “print” rather than use handwriting. But like anything else, if you want it to be better, you have to work on it and practice. I should write stuff more often, so that my handwriting will look better when I do use it.
- I loved using a baby photo! I think working on my Random Memories project has encouraged me to find and use more older photos. This is the first time I’ve used one of my own baby portraits.