Happy Saturday! What is going on in your world this weekend? I hope that nice warm, summer weather (for those if you in the Northern Hemisphere anyway) has come to your neighborhood. We could already use a break where I live. This is day 13 of temperatures in the mid-90’s with no rain. I’m not one to complain about abundant sunshine, but we sure could use a good overnight soaking rain and some cool breezes!
I am back with another 5 Things. This week, it’s a pretty random list!
1. Right now, I am loving this recipe for baked oatmeal. I tend to get into a rut with breakfast (lately it’s been whole wheat toast with cinnamon) so it was time to try something new. I stumbled on this recipe one day going from site to site to site. I’m not even sure which place originally pointed to it, but I’m so glad I found it! I love that it contains so much fruit. And you can change out the fruits as seasons change and different fruits go on sale. In the fall I can see this with apples and cranberries and apple pie spices. Later this summer I want to try it with peaches. It’s really yummy. And good for you!
2. I noticed this week that Two Peas has Little Yellow Bicycle’s Sweet Summertime collection in stock. I love the summer colors and the lemon and watermelon motifs. I’ve been waiting and waiting for this one to come in. I especially love this cute spinner, these chipboard shapes and these cardstock word stickers. (Can you tell I’m all about the embellishments?)
3. I’m excited about this new class at Big Picture Classes: Design Challenges by Elizabeth Dillow. Design is the one part of scrapbooking that I can easily struggle with. That’s why I tend to reach for a sketch or use a published layout as inspiration. If I’m tired, I just don’t want to think about design and making the page flow. So this class appeals to me as I know that if I exercise my own design muscles more often, design might come more easily to me. This class starts July 7th, so there is still plenty of time to sign up!
4. I love that the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog posted this make your own smash book challenge. I love the look of the Smash Books from K&Co but I’m not sure if I would really use it to the full extent. I have various other way to capture the same kind of stuff so I’m not sure I’d want a large book dedicated to it. But I love the idea of “forging” one and using it for a vacation or during the summer months, something on a smaller scale with a specific purpose.
5. I just picked up this new Creating Keepsakes special edition: Creative Spaces. I love to look into other crafter’s spaces and since I’ve picked this up, I haven’t been able to put it down. My one complaint is that most of the photos are wide shots and (in my opinion) there are not enough close in, detail shots of certain things for every room. But overall, I love looking at all the photos and seeing how other crafters store their stuff. From tiny spaces to large rooms, this book covers all types of storage options. Lots of great ideas!
Thanks for stopping by today! I have you have a fantastic weekend!