I’ve got another installment of 5 Things for you today. This week, I was on the hunt for some sun inspiration for a layout I’m working on. Spring is definitely here in Nashville, but it’s still mostly rainy and cloudy and dreary. The sun comes out for a few hours and then we don’t see it for a week. Not only did I want to create a sun, but I needed some sun projects just to cheer me up!
Here are some of the awesome projects I found, from five different scrapbook designers.
1. Everything About You Brightens My Life by Allison Davis. Ali is my go-to girl for two page layouts, but she has also created some of the most creative suns scenes I’ve ever seen! I love how she used different pattern papers for the sun rays. And on My Sunshine, (scroll down to the second layout in this post) she added a new dimension with an assortment of buttons.
2. Son-Shine by Susan Weinroth. How cute is this? Her beach photos make me really happy that I’m moving back to Florida. I love the pointy rays on her big sun at the top and how she reinforced the theme with two additional embellished suns around the page.
3. Shine by Jen Gallacher. I love that she backed her sun with a doily! It’s unexpected but super cute. It reminds you of puffy clouds behind the sun in the sky. This post shows another fun sun layout if you scroll further down the page. I love the sense of movement she created on the second page, that goes along with the rolling in the photo.
4. Fun in the Sun by Emilia Stammler. I am such a big fan of stitching on layouts. (I can’t be bothered with a machine so I hand stitch and use my handy Sew Easy.) On this layout, I love how she stitched over the image on the pattern paper. Such a great example of how we can go from simple to extraordinary with a few extra touches.
5. This Smile by Jaclyn Rench. First your eyes are drawn to the adorable baby but the cute banner sends you right up to that fun sun! I love that her sun and clouds are all pattern papers. And not small delicate prints, but bold, bright, colorful prints. I love everything about this layout!
Thanks for stopping by today. I’ll be back on Monday with an announcement!