Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
This week, I started exploring the Recycled Crafts section of CraftGossip.com. There are some really cool ideas over there. If I don’t stop myself, I could spend an afternoon following link after link…
Well, I am big on recycling and love projects that take everyday items and re-make them into something cuter! I don’t do this enough, especially since the curbside recycling program started in my county. But I’m always on the lookout for cool ideas. Here are a few I found this week – a few through CraftGossip and a few more from my own exploring.
5 Repurposed Things
1. Custom Floral Containers from coricook.net – these look super easy! Just grab some of the scrapbooking supplies you already have and a few (washed) steel cans and make some colorful vases.
2. Map Coasters from girlinair.blogspot.com – I love maps! I have some really old ones and I love this idea. A fun, colorful addition for the coffee table in the living room.
3. Candy Wrapper Pouch from punkinpattern.blogspot.com – if you can sew, this looks like a cute gift for the little kids in your life. Or the big kids in your life.
4. DIY Cake Stand from Punkysmamma.blogspot.com – I’m not crazy about the red, but I love the idea of taking old glasses and plates and creating your own serving stand.
5. If you are interested in more ideas, I found a few books that look interesting. Eco Craft: Recycle Recraft Restyle by Susan Wasinger and Craftcycle: 100+ Earth-Friendly Projects by Heidi Boyd. I really would like to be more environmentally sensitive, so I’ll be checking these out!
I’ll be back on Tuesday with a new tutorial!