5 Reasons To Try Pinterest
Pinterest has been around for awhile now. Have you had a chance to check it out yet? I tried to avoid it. The last thing I need is another time robber courtesy of the Internet. But eventually I caved. And that’s a good thing, because I love it!
If you don’t know about it, Pinterest helps you keep track of images online. It’s essentially an online version of a cork board. When you find an image somewhere online that you love, you just “pin” it to one of your boards just like you would have pinned some important piece of paper to a corkboard. You have the ability to create as many boards as you want for any category you might want to keep track of.
It’s a very cool place to check out for these 5 reasons (and too many more to name):
1. You can gather all kinds of crafty inspiration. One of my favorite things to pin, is cool color combinations I find browsing online. Have a favorite scrapbook designer? Search for her name and look at all the things they have pinned to their boards. And then you can re-pin it to your own boards. Follow the boards of other scrapbooking and crafting friends that you know, right on Pinterest.
2. Layout ideas galore. When you are browsing through the galleries at Two Peas or at a kit club site and you see a layout that really inspires you, pin it to one of your boards. It puts all the layout ideas in one place and you can go back and refer them without trying to remember exactly where you saw it. Pinterest automatically adds a link from the original location so you can go back and revisit the original location if you need to. Carrie Stephens has a great Pinterest board full of scrapbook layouts.
3. It’s not just for scrapbooking. When you find a recipe you want to try at Pioneerwoman.com but don’t have time to print it, just pin it to one of your boards. Now, you don’t have to remember the name of the recipe or what day it was posted because Pinterest does that for you. I love all the different food types Robyn Werlich has captured on her Pinterest food board.
4. Looking for cool word art and typography ideas? Check out Leslie Ashe’s “words I like to live by” board. I get all kinds of great ideas for Silhouette titles when I see some of these images.
5. Are you throwing a party soon? Pinterest is overflowing with party ideas. Check out some of the cool things my friend Samantha Weaver has posted on her “party on” board. Follow the links to the original posts to find even more ideas.
These are just a few reasons I love Pinterest so much. But I will admit that I have to give myself a time limit or else I’ll suddenly find I have lost three hours clicking from link to link to link. It can be a time suck, but it’s also a great way to help you organize cool stuff you stumble across on the Internet!
Thanks for stopping by today!