This week I came across quite a few really cool organizing finds. I went through a big organizing spree of my craft room in January, but now that weather is warming up, spring cleaning is around the corner. Can’t just focus on the craft room (much as I would like to!). Here are a few ideas to think about.
1. Oranize your bookshelves – from simplystated.realsimple.com. For the scrapbookers out there, I’m sure many of us already pay attention to color. But I never thought to organize books by color. Check out this cool video.
2. Lined canvas bins – from positivelysplendid.com. Do you still have babies at home in diapers? If so, save those boxes (or borrow some from a friend) because you are going to want to try this! No sewing necessary.
3. Labels for the pantry – from organizeyourstuffnow.com I love this idea! Not that I don’t love my label making machine, but this is fun too. She doesn’t say what kind of chalkboard vinyl she uses, but I instantly thought of all the colored chalkboard paints at the craft store. You could cut the labels from cardstock or chipboard and then paint them with this Folk Art paint or this Deco Art paint and then use regular chalk. So easy!
4. Home binder – from cleansmartsimple.blogspot.com. This is a really easy and practical binder to have in the kitchen or where ever it is that mail and papers stack up in your home. Love how she approached the project and made it work for her needs.
5. Ribbon storage – from spunkyjunky.blogspot.com. Genius idea. I’ve never seen this before but it’s brilliant. I’ve used the same ribbon storage technique for many years and I love it (maybe I’ll show it sometime) so I don’t need to do this, but if anyone else struggles with ribbon, check this out.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you are having a fantastic (and hopefully crafty!) weekend.