Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a fantastic weekend.
Earlier this week I mentioned that I’m participating in Shimelle’s Blogging for Scrapbookers class. I now have over a hundred new scrappy/crafty blogs in my Google reader. I’ve spent the week going through as many posts as I can. It is so fun to have a whole new batch of inspiration and to support so many more crafters in their creative endeavors.
One of the prompts we had this week was to share a list of favorites. I’ve been compiling a list of “things” every weekend so in honor of the class, I’m going to share five new blogs that I discovered this week.
1. The Basement Chronicles at http://mayadahan.blogspot.com/. I love Maya’s clean blog design and all the information she shares. Not only is she a talented scrapbook designer and card maker but she also shares projects and shopping excursions. I love the Halloween layout from this post: http://mayadahan.blogspot.com/2011/03/scrapbook-express-february-dt-work-and.html.
2. Auntie RecREates at http://auntierere.blogspot.com/. Sheri and I discovered we live near each other, but I didn’t pick her just because she’s my neighbor. She shares some amazing projects on her blog. Check out her junque journal video from the right sidebar or go here: http://vimeo.com/12312517. It’s amazing and re-uses junk mail envelopes. Very cool!
3. The Constant Scrapper at http://www.theconstantscrapper.com/. Janice offers a lot of great information, including various sketch resources. I love finding new sketch sources. I also really enjoyed this article: http://www.theconstantscrapper.com/how-to-use-a-movie-poster-as-scrapbook-inspiration/.
4. Taylor Tattle at http://taylortattle.typepad.com/taylor_tattle/. I really like Sue’s style and the way she presents her blog. Anyone who listens to Whitesnake while ironing has my attention! I also loved the digi layout she created for prompt one here: http://taylortattle.typepad.com/taylor_tattle/2011/03/22-march-blogging-for-scrapbookers-prompt-1.html. I’m going to use it for inspiration for my own paper page.
5. The Paper Turtle at http://paperturtle.blogspot.com/. The first thing that drew me in was the crayon-drawn letters in the header for her blog. It just looks fun! Deb shares awesome photos and that’s where I spent a lot of time, just looking through her awesome pictures. But I also loved this little project: http://paperturtle.blogspot.com/2011/03/accordian-mini-book-shower-gift-part-ii.html. It almost makes me want to get the sewing machine out.
Thanks for stopping by today!