In case you haven’t heard, the Craft and Hobby Association held their summer trade show this week and all of our favorite paper crafting manufacturers were there to unveil their latest collections.
Have you been gawking at all the new scrapbooking and card making products, like I have? I love this time of year! There are so many cool things coming in the near future.
The show has wrapped up and I wanted to share my top 5 favorite releases with you!
My 5 favorites from CHA Summer 2011
1. The Farmhouse collection from Crate Paper. I’ve been so impressed with their new lines lately and this one is no exception. I love the bright colors that will transition from late summer into fall. It’s a fall collection without screaming fall. I love the homey motifs and florals and all the fun embellishments that come in the collection.
2. The Nantucket collection from Pink Paislee. Maybe it’s because I’m hoping to move back to Florida soon, but the colors really drew me into this collection. I’m not a huge fan of pastels, but the lighter tones in this collection really work. I love the seahorse, crab and seashells in this line. The bling stickers in the hexagon shape are really cool.
3. Doodlebug has introduced their own twine. Oh my. I love Doodlebug’s palette of colors and this twine is so reasonably priced, I’ll probably get one in every color. I can’t wait to get some Swimming Pool twine!
4. I love that My Mind’s Eye has maximized the 6×6 paper craze with an entire collection of Six by Six paper pads. There are 12 different paper pad collections that will only be available in this 6×6 size. I’m loving all the butterflies in the Vanity Fair collection.
5. And lastly, I am really intrigued by the Classic Calico collection. I love to use neutrals as the foundation for most of my layouts. This collection has a variety of tone on tone patterns in basic, neutral colors. I think everyone can use some basics!
Since it was really hard to narrow it down to just five, I thought I would add on a few honorable mentions.
1. We R Memory keepers is coming out with a new tool to attach ribbon. Sort of like my beloved Sew Easy, but for ribbon. I’m not too sure about the tool, I’ll have to see it in action before I buy. But I am excited about the accompanying ribbon packs. It looks like each solid pack of ribbon will have a velvet, a twill and a grosgrain ribbon in monochromatic colors. Love the solids.
2. I’m thrilled that Ranger will be adding all of Tim Holtz’s distress colors to the stain collection, including Picket Fence. The stains allow you to cover larger sections of paper much faster than with the blending too. With all the varieties of mistable and resist papers on the market now, there’s a greater need for products that help get the color on the page faster.
3. I’m excited that October Afternoon has expanded their paper offerings to add more patterns to each collection. They have also moved away from clear acrylic stamps to the cling rubber stamps. And their collections have additional embellishments, including trims and textured buttons. You can see all the new stuff in this video.
4. American Crafts did something really cool – their Night Fall collection combines an autumn theme along with a Halloween theme into one collection. It’s fun and whimsical and the color palette is really interesting.
5. Core’dinations has come out with another Tim Holtz co-branded item that has Tim’s rustic colors along with a kraft colored core. This isn’t a look that I’d want for every page, but I think it’s innovative and I can’t wait to play around with it.
Thanks for stopping by today! I’ll be back on Tuesday with an update to one of my ongoing projects!
Have a great weekend.