Once upon a time, I used to be a pretty big crafter. I did a lot of cross-stitch projects, I crocheted my fair share of afghans, made many door wreaths with silk flowers and the glue gun and created other decorative things around the house. But when scrapbooking entered my life, everything else fell off the radar. I’m sure a few of you can relate.
I’m working hard to broaden my horizions again. Do some art journaling. Work on that 5-year cross-stich Christmas scene. Crochet some granny squares. A quest if you will (remember that QUEST is my word for 2011?), into other crafty endeavors in between all my scrapbooking pursuits.
So in honor of my reccent exploration, I thought I’d link you to a few fun project this weekend. There is still time to create some Valentine’s creations if you so desire.
- 3-Dimensional Heart Wreath from oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com. Use up your leftover heart pattern papers! I can see eggs at Easter, fireworks for the 4th of July, butterflies during the summer. All kinds of great alternatives to this great idea.
- Heart-Shaped Bead Necklace Vase Fillers from happyclippings.com. This looks so easy and so fun. Has anyone ever been to Mardi Gras? I still have tons of beads from my adventures there many years ago. Many uses through the year for this one too.
- V-Day Jars from sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com. Anything colorful in a jar is super cute. Not only are these a thoughtful gift, but you can use up rub-ons at the same time! Again, my head is spinning with other ideas for jar gifts. A very versatile idea.
- Love Sign from redheadscraftmorefun.blogspot.com. This is an easy little project. I’m headed to Target today so I will have to look for these frames for my own future projects.
- Valentine Candy Bouquet from redcouchrecipies.blogspot.com. This isn’t so much crafty as just fun to look at.
Enjoy your weekend!