Welcome to another addition of 10 on the 10th! Shimelle is hosting this linking party every month and I’m getting better about actually remembering to participate!
This month I thought I would put together a random list of things that are inspiring my scrapbooking right now.
1. A color palette – If you love color inspiration, check out design-seeds.com. I love looking through color palettes. These colors are the perfect for right now:
2. A List of Photo Prompts – It’s been a few months since I’ve been to this site, but I was reminded again what a great resource it is: Katrina Kennedy’s Capture Your 365. Take a look at this September Idea List and see if you’re not instantly inspired. I was!
3. A Fun Technique – I am anxious to try a fun technique courtesy of Betsy Veldman. She rubbed a white crayon to create a resist in a unique way. Check out Betsy’s step-by-step tutorial! I can’t wait to try this myself.
4. A Free Class – I’ve been loving all the different entries in the free class Design School at Two Peas in a Bucket. The Garden Girls and other guests are posting layouts covering all the different design principals. My favorite so far is this fun layout from Suzanne Sergi:
5. An Article – Loved this Trend Watch article at Scrapboook Update by Melissa Stinson. This article has great info for paper scrappers and digi scrappers alike. I love the honeycomb shapes I’ve been seeing all over the place. Another trend I’ve been watching is all the quatrefoil/lattice patterns showing up on patterned paper. The number cruncher/analyst in me is really attracted to the clean lines.
6. A Sketch – In my never ending search for sketches, I recently came across Jana Eubank’s sketch site where she posts her sketches. This one reminded me of photo strips and how much I love to add photo strips to my layout. Haven’t done that in awhile, so it’s on the To Do List! You can find more of Jana’s sketches here.
7. An Awesome Mini Album – I have been on a mini-album kick all summer. I’ve created several and I have a few different ideas in mind for the up coming holidays. A new mini album caught my eye this week on the Crate Paper blog, created by the talented Jaime Warren. She puts her own twist on a paper bag album and it’s gorgeous. I love all the layers and details and the pretty Farmhouse papers. Speaking of…..
8. A Paper Collection – I’m in love with Crate Paper’s Farmhouse Collection. It’s perfect for late summer/early fall layouts. While I’m not ready for the cold, I’m definitely in the mood to transition to warmer colors and to start feeling cozy comfort again. This collection delivers! I recently picked up the 6×6 paper pack and some of the coordinating embellishments. My favorite 12×12 pattern paper is Produce:
9. A YouTube Video – Jennifer McGuire does it again! She’s got a new video up showing a cool metallic rubon technique. She also shows how to use alcohol inks to color in a metal book plate. Her technique includes Ranger’s new Snow Cap white mixative from Tim Holtz. I was curious to see the white in action. Check it out!
10. A Bit of Journaling Help – I loved this post over at The Daily Digi this week. I often have great photos (that I want to scrapbook) that don’t necessarily have stories associated with them. I’m talking about the great head shots and personality photos of the people I love, perfect for list journaling pages and all about me pages. The resources listed in the post contain some great ideas and journaling starters. I was excited to discover these journaling pages at Grace is Overrated. Very cool journaling sheets full of great topics!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. If you’d like to see more 10 things posts, click here!